This course will take you on an online journey into the experiential world and work of expressive arts. It will provide a foundation in expressive arts therapy to build from. You will explore some of the main models of expressive therapies, identify the primary principles and premises that build a theory of expressive arts and learn how to invite your clients to an expressive experience with the arts. This course is a combination of both reading and experiential activities. You will be invited to move your body, paint, write, draw and use music to explore and express with the hopes of learning, in a sensory way, about the power of the arts for healing and transformation. Course consists of reading, activities and final test. CEs included.
- To introduce clinicians to the world of expressive arts therapy in general and intermodal expressive arts therapy in particular.
- To increase understanding of the concept of therapist as witness in the expressive arts therapy world.
- To learn how to set up the space for expressive arts experience and how to invite clients to the experience.
- To understand a variety of ways to work with the art, once it has “arrived.”
- To explore how the expressive arts can be used by the therapist for self-care.
Course Creator/Instructor: Carmen Richardson
This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete. You do not have to complete it in one sitting. Once you purchase this course you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days). You must complete it in that time period. You may renew it for another year for an additional fee if necessary.